Qatar Museums Authority launches “Capture the Essence of Qatar” photography competition
“Capture the Essence of Qatar” is a juried photography competition and exhibition allowing you to showcase your very best creative and imaginative images of Qatar in digital photography.
This is a golden opportunity to display your image in one of the most important locations in the city with a huge potential for public viewing every day!
The competition aims to celebrate the achievements of Qatar, past and present, and the passion of the people who live and work within it. Use your creativity to come up with exciting and challenging photographic compositions. Your image should aim to represent the heritage, culture and the Qatar National Vision for 2030; and should be entered under one of the four themes which form the main pillars of the Qatar 2030 Vision:
1. Human Development
2. Social Development
3. Economic Development
4. Environmental Development
The image that judges believe best visually describes each category will be selected as the winner. Professional and amateur photographers of all nationalities living in Qatar are welcome to enter.
To see the full Qatar 2030 Vision document please click here
A jury of experienced visual artists and cultural leaders has been selected to review, evaluate and choose four winners who will have their photos displayed in a prominent position in the departure hall at the New Doha International Airport, and each of the four winners will also receive a prize of QR 20,000.
How to Enter:
Registrations forms are available to download from here.
Please submit all images in digital format along with registration forms by hand to the QMA Tower front desk, located off the Doha Corniche. Make sure all documents are placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to:
“Capture the Essence of Qatar” – Public Art Department, Qatar Museums Authority.
Terms and Conditions:
– Entry into the competition is free.
– The competition is open to both professional and amateur photographers.
– All participants must be aged 18 or over.
– Up to four photographs may be entered per person; images can be submitted for more than one theme.
– Images may be digitally enhanced, or altered in any way.
– All photographs must be submitted within the above categories; and be clearly labelled and titled with a brief description (100 words max for each image) by the photographer describing his/her thoughts on the image, and why it is relevant to the chosen theme.
– Please make sure you fill in the Registration Form.
– All entries must be submitted in both Tiff and JPG format.
– Tiff file minimum of 16 mb.
– All entries submitted outside of the advertised closing date will not be accepted.
– Any entries embedded with borders or locks will not be accepted.
– All photographs submitted must be in landscape format.
– QMA/NDIA reserves the right to amend and/or crop images as necessary to suit the final location.
– The competition opens for entry: October 2011
– Deadline for all submissions: 20 January 2012
– All finalists will be contacted by February 2012.
– Any inquires should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The 30 shortlisted photographs will be showcased in a unique exhibition (date and venue TBA).
The 4 winning photographs will be announced during the opening of the exhibition.